Spouse or child of permanent resident

Select the application procedure.

Visa Application

For those who do not currently have a Japanese visa and intend to obtain one in the future

Extend visa period

If you already have this visa and want to extend the period

Change visa

If you currently have a different visa for Japan and want to change to this visa

Visa for the spouse or biological child of a permanent resident. There are no restrictions such as residence activities or work limitations, giving freedom in job hunting.
・Applicant:The applicant A spouse of a permanent resident or a child of a permanent resident who was born in Japan and has been continuously residing in Japan since then. Concrete examples are; wife or husband of a permanent resident or a special permanent resident and a child who was born in japan and has been continuously residing in japan since then. ・Period:No designated number of times for renewal. 5years, 3 years, 1 year or 6 months. ・Where to apply: Immigration Services Agency of Japan ・Standard Investigation Period:Recognition 96 days, Renewal 29 days, Change 32 days